Tuesday 1 January 2013

Life Coaches - Does The Daily Carrot Principle Have the Tools to Get Your Clients Unstuck?

As a life coach, I always have my eyes open for tools that I can use to help my clients grow. That comes in handy, since I'm addicted to self-help type books. I feel like I got a double bang for my buck, helpful hints to help me maximize my own potential along with great ideas for me to share with my life coaching clients.

I just started reading The Daily Carrot Principle and I like it. It's a quick read-crisp, clear and fun. The Daily Carrot Principle is organized to be read a page a day for one year. What do I like? Well, a page a day is not a big commitment, so I can do this even when I am crunched for time. What do really like? Each day there is a "carrot action" to complete. That's 365 ideas for action steps for me and my clients! Each action step is simple to undertake, yet has the potential to bring about change. Day One starts off with making a list of successes and setting goals for the year that build on that momentum. What a wonderful way to quick off a "do over!"

The Daily Carrot Principle has some great ideas to help your clients (or yourself) shake off that stuck feeling and get moving again. Examples? On April 21, the theme is quiet leadership and the carrot action is to keep it to yourself when you're tempted to tell people how honest you are. Why? "Actions speak louder than words." Honesty isn't yours to claim, it's a judgment made by the people around you.

With a carrot action for every day of the year, I'm sure to find some ideas to help my clients gain a new perspective and I'm looking forward to taking great strides myself by taking small steps everyday to improve myself and my business. I recommend The Daily Carrot Principle by Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton to anyone who is committed to self-improvement but has limited time to make it happen. While the book is simple to understand and the action steps are easy to follow, it's more action oriented than theoretically based or scientifically proven. If you're looking for lots of theory and supporting evidence, this isn't the book for you. If you're looking for a tool that may help you kick start your life or some suggestions that might help your clients break out of a rut, take a look at this book.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment